Privacy notice - Direct marketing
Why do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data to send you marketing offers, information surveys and invitations through e-mails, text messages, phone calls and postal mail.
In order to optimize your experience of Monki we will provide you with relevant information, recommend products, send you reminders of products left in your shopping bag and send you personalized offers.
All these great services are based on your previous purchases, what you have clicked on and information you have submitted to us.
What types of personal data do we process?
We will process following categories of personal data
* contact information such as e-mail address, telephone number and postal code
* if you want updates for kids (if you choose to provide that to us)
* gender (if you choose to provide that to us)
* what products and offers you have clicked on If you have a Monki account we will also process your personal data submitted in relation to the account and membership such as
* shopping history
* how you navigated and clicked on the site
Who has access to your personal data?
Data that is forwarded to third parties is only used to provide you with the service mentioned above, to media agencies and technical suppliers for distribution of physical and digital direct marketing. We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside the H&M group.
What is the legal ground to process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is based on your consent when you agree to direct marketing. Except for postal marketing, including catalogues, that will be sent to you based on our legitimate interest.
Your right to withdraw your consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time and object to direct marketing. When you do so Monki won't be able to send you any further direct marketing offers or information based on your consent.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
* following the instruction in each marketing post
* by editing the settings of your Monki account
How long do we save your data?
We will keep your data for direct marketing until you withdraw your consent. For e-mail marketing we will consider you an inactive customer if you haven't opened an e-mail for within the last year. After this time period your personal data will be deleted.
Read our General privacy notice